End of the Semester Reflection Essay: Reviewing all of the Knowledge I Acquired In This Course

Reviewing all of the knowledge I acquired in this course  

This class was something I completely didn’t expect, in my mind I thought that this class would be another stressful class that I wouldn’t even enjoy. However, the professor, Adam Dubrow, changed all of that. His way of teaching was very unique and interesting, he made sure everyone understood what he was teaching and always asked if any one had any questions. He really simplified everything for us which made it easy for me to get my work done. He specifically told us what he wanted on all of his assignments and all we had to do was follow directions. Overall, I believe I learned a lot more in this class than in any other writing class I took before because he always had a way of keeping everyone’s attention in class, something some professors can’t accomplish.

One important tool that our professor taught us was learning how use CCNY’s Online Library, through this library we were able to access many different databases that would help us write our papers. This tool was very useful because we had to find many scholarly resources through these data bases and we knew that they were reliable and had been peer reviewed by others. With this in had we only had to do research in one specific place and with the search bar we were able to narrow down the articles that we needed to use for our projects. I was able to find good sources for all my assignments and it made it very easy because they had exactly what I was looking for. After using it this whole semester I know that I will be using it for my future assignments since I know that information provided will be scholarly and very valuable.

Collaborating with my classmates was a vital part for one of our projects which was the group proposal project. I had to make sure that my whole group was responsible and held accountable for their own specific part. We all had to help one another and make sure that our project got done on time. Unfortunately, I did experience a team member who didn’t show up to class and didn’t bother to help either. Therefore, we had to continue without him and proceed in finishing up. The good thing is that my other team members were very supportive and we all revised each other’s work. We all made sure the graphs were correct, we had a very strong writer in our group so he helped us make sure that our punctuation and grammar was correct. I helped others make sure that the information we gathered was correct and that we weren’t missing anything. As well as being accountable for the appendix and the wrapping up our presentation, everyone did their part and it all worked out fine in the end.

Surprisingly enough, the textbook that was required for class did helped a lot especially when I had any questions or ways to format my assignment. The textbook provided a lot of examples and information that helped me come up with many ideas whenever I got stuck on a assignment. Even when I wasn’t puzzled, I still saw myself going back and reading the book because it was still a good tool. For example, it gave many different ways of writing a resume which I found helpful because it helped me improve my own personal essay that I use to apply for jobs. It gave many different formatting options which provided the correct way of writing a resume. I also saw myself learning about the APA style we had to use when writing all of our papers, it provided great examples of how to cite your sources in many different scenarios. Now i’m familiar with MLA, APA, and Chicago style, when before I only knew one.

For our lab report and Technical description we had to combine and use many scholarly resources form the CCNY’s Online library. This was another time we had to use this site to look for information and research. For my technical description I was able to find two great sources that detailed every component inside a computer which made it so much easier with writing my paper. I got all the information that I needed from two sources which worked hand in hand with one another, it was just perfect. For the lab report, I found an article that provided an interesting concept which helped me come up with my thesis. The information that they provided was very sophisticated and it made it easy for the reader to understand. It just took a bit of research to find these articles but once you find really good ones it’s makes it easy to structure the paper.

Some important concepts that our professor taught us was A and P, audience and purpose. This was the foundation for every assignment that we wrote because we had to clearly know who our audience was and state our purpose. Knowing the A and P helped us know what information was important to include and which one wasn’t. RFP, request for proposal was another concept we learned during our group project. One thing I did enjoy learning was how to use commas, colons,  and semicolons because the way he though use these punctuation marks was very interesting. He always made it easier for us to remember when these punctuation marks had to be used. The professor posted everything on blackboard so we always knew what was coming next and what to expect, which was a big part of the course. He even provided a study guide for the quest which was really helpful since it gave me a better idea of how the test was going to be structured. All the information and assignments was available on blackboard.

I have to say that Adam Bubrow was one of the best teacher I had so far, the way he entertained the class, the way he showed interest in teaching the class was great. He’s definitely one of those teachers that I learned a lot from. Therefore, I’ll remember and use all the tools that he provided us to use in the real world. I appreciated the way he kept everything serious with us and showed us what to expect once we graduate. I’m sure everyone who took this class really enjoyed learning from the professor because he always found a way to engage the audience. I just hope that there are more great teacher in my upcoming years of college.